Welcome! I’m Shellie Bolyard.
I have been called to raise awareness and empower women to create massive change. I believe that women are the key to our future on this planet.
I am an Occupational Therapist, Certified Health Coach, and Lactation Consultant. I work with inspired women who want to create naturally healthy families with intention, purpose and passion. I give busy Moms the tools they need to build stronger, healthier, more connected families.
My journey toward a natural lifestyle started with a mini breakdown. After many years of unsuccessful attempts to clear up my skin with conventional methods, I gave up. I threw in the towel and ditched a small fortune of skin care products and medications, and I fired all my doctors. I went searching for a new beginning, and I found it in natural medicine. You can read more about that here.
The more I learned, the more empowered I became to make healthier choices for my family. I learned how to treat my daughter’s asthma with diet and supplements and eventually got her off all medications. I found easy, effective ways to treat eczema, ear infections, colds, flu, sleep problems, colic, and much more. This new found passion of mine lead me to the Institute for Integrative Nutrition where I turned this passion into a career.
My journey was further spurred by my experiences as an Occupational Therapist in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. No parent should EVER have to see their newborn baby suffer in this way! As the years passed, the unit grew larger and larger, admitting sicker and sicker babies. I had to ask, “What is going on?” Why are so many babies being born so early and so sick?
Of course there are so many things beyond our control. But I do believe there are many controllable risk factors as well. We as a nation are growing sicker and sicker. Modern agriculture and food production have stripped our food of vital nutrients. We are mostly overfed and undernourished. Toxic chemicals are so prevalent in our daily lives, from the food we eat, the water we drink, the air we breathe, the products we put on our bodies, the products we use to clean our houses, the pharmaceutical drugs we take for every small ailment, and the list goes on. We have toxic lifestyles with too much stress and technology; not enough exercise, sunshine, fresh air, and spirituality; and poor self esteem, relationships and negative thought processes.
We are bringing our children into this toxic environment and not giving them the best start in life. This needs to change!
If we equip women with better nutrition and cleaner lifestyles, we will create beautiful, healthy and vibrant children.
I am on a mission to inspire women with this information so they can raise healthy families with confidence. And to empower women to question conventional wisdom and to make truly informed choices. Through my blog posts, information products and coaching programs, women create a lifestyle of natural health for their families.
My programs are for women who are ready to change the story for their families. Women who see the rise in childhood obesity, autism, cancer, learning disorders, diabetes, skin disorders and mental illness, and are questioning conventional wisdom. Women who are ready to make simple changes that will have a huge impact on their family and future generations.
Little Known Facts About Me
- I graduated from The Ohio State University, and I bleed scarlet and gray. My dreams of having a fall wedding were crushed because you can’t get married on a Saturday afternoon during football season in Columbus, Ohio. You just can’t. My 3 children were born at OSU Hospitals.
- My sweet little boy used to tell people he was born in Michigan and rooted for that team up North. I put him up for sale on Facebook when he wore maize and blue one year during the big game. He has since changed his tune!
- I started my career in Occupational Therapy working with mentally ill adults at OSU and eventually made my way to the NICU at Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
- I love essential oils. I have LOTS of them. I use them for all sorts of things!
- My favorite hobbies are scrapbooking, reading and surfacing the net for natural health remedies.
- My kids started swallowing vitamins and supplements at the age of 4. They also have to try all of my juices and smoothies.
- I had my 3rd child unexpectedly at the age of 39 1/2, just as I was graduating from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition.
- I am still breast feeding my 2 year old daughter. I work and I pump. And I don’t eat granola or wear Birkenstocks.
- I have experimented with many extreme diets including vegan, paleo, high raw, food combining, strict elimination diets, dairy free, gluten free, and many more. Today, I mostly eat anything I want. I’ve learned to eat a clean diet eliminating most processed foods. I am more concerned with the source of ingredients than I am with calories and fat grams.
- But I’m not perfect. My guilty food pleasure is pasta. I make lots of pasta and have found ways to make it healthier. Stick with me. I’ll show you too.
- I have an obsessive guilty pleasure and it’s called Days of Our Lives. I used to schedule my day around it as much as I could. Thanks to modern technology and the DVR, I have not missed an episode in years. What can I say? I just can’t get enough of Salem!
I am in this for my family. They inspire me to be the best version of me. They make me want to make this world a better place.
I am always working to find new ways to make life easier and healthier for me and my clients. Whenever I offer a new service or discover a new product, my newsletter subscribers are the first to know. Don’t get left out, and become a subscriber.